Our cherry experts are here to help:
Use these proven best practices, based on sound industry research, and together we can drive category growth from early May through the end of June!
A recent cherry industry survey indicates that more than half (54%) of cherry buyers (consumers) say they purchase cherries regularly during the season, with 29% saying that they believe they purchase cherries nearly every week while in season.
我妈跟我说她想做,我让年迈父亲尝了性Cherries are obviously popular with your customers, since half of them buy cherries weekly. But what about the half that don’t buy every week? Display and promotion can increase transactions among light users. Follow these additional tips for maximizing your cherry sales power:
- When displaying cherries next to grapes, create a definite color break so consumers can easily tell them apart
- Display both Bing and Rainier Cherries to broaden your category and give consumers a greater choice
- Avoid stacking bagged cherries to prevent breakdown
- Make cherries more visible, and make it easy for your customers to buy
Just over half (53%) of the respondents made the decision to buy cherries while in the store. The purchase drivers? 46% say cherry appearance, quality and pricing were the most important.
我妈跟我说她想做,我让年迈父亲尝了性To optimize sales, retailers must place cherries in a visible, high traffic location as at least half of consumers will not purchase unless they see the display and are then motivated to buy based on perceived quality and value. Try secondary displays in and out of produce. Increase display space in stores to double volume space by June.
我妈跟我说她想做,我让年迈父亲尝了性Research shows that increasing a cherry display by 6 sq. ft. can lift sales by 10%. Increase it by 12 sq. ft. and you can enjoy a 65% incremental lift!
Cherry pricing is very important to consumers; 71% of buyers said either “a lower everyday price” or a “sale price” would be the main driver to purchase more cherries.
Consecutive ads during June (when volume is greatest) will increase purchase volume. Promote weekly with consistent pricing or different ad locations. Or try a promotion asking consumers to “buy more, because you can freeze fresh cherries for up to 3 months, making this seasonal fruit last longer.” When it comes to promoting California cherries, follow these simple guidelines:
- Run consecutive ads in June promoting cherries limited availability to increase impulse purchases
- Promote the health benefits of cherries, which are high in Vitamins C & A and super antioxidants
- Promote that fresh cherries can be frozen for up to 3 months to encourage buying extra cherries